All foreigners, (except Indians) must have a visa to enter Nepal.
The tourist visa fees (as of August 2019) are:
- 15 Days Visa … US$ 30 pp
- 30 Days Visa … US$ 50 pp
- 90 Days Visa … US$ 125 pp
These visas can be obtained in Nepali embassies worldwide or upon your arrival at Kathmandu (Tribhuwan international airport).
To obtain a visa upon arrival by air in Nepal you must fill in an application form at one of the automatic registration machines, which will also take your digital photo. You can save some time by filling in the form beforehand online at www.online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa and uploading a digital photo, but you must do this less than 15 days before your arrival date.
- Children aged under 10 require a visa but are not charged a visa fee.
- The Visa fees are best paid in Cash US$.
- It is recommended to keep extra passport photos with you, so they are immediately handy for trekking permits, visa applications.
- All nationalities can obtain their visa on arrival except Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland, Syria, and Zimbabwe nationals.